Taste of the NFL: Party With a Purpose – Super Bowl LIV @ Diplomat Beach Resort (Sat. Feb. 1, 2020)
photography by A.J. Lam
Taste of the NFL (TNFL) has now taken its place in the pantheon of elite Super Bowl events. It’s done so with the generous assistance of hundreds of the nation’s finest culinary professionals, NFL superstars, noted celebrities, entertainers and thousands of volunteers. This incredible fundraising effort has taken on new meaning through the years to not only serve but to inspire others to join in the fight against hunger in America.
The main event, The Party with a Purpose®, is the culmination of a season-long effort that includes all 32 teams and their respective cities. This collective effort has resulted in over 200 million meals for families nationwide. Through the commitment and character of the TNFL family and the support of great partners, it will keep fighting to end hunger in America.
The event brings together exceptional cuisine, prominent chefs from around the country, NFL players, coaches, legends and more, all to support the fight against hunger. This year’s star-studded fundraising event will feature Derrick Wright – a top musical director and drummer in the entertainment industry who has worked with some of the world’s most notable singer/songwriters – and a stellar group of the best, most in-demand recording and touring musicians and vocalists in the music business.
Scheduled to appear:
- Kelvin Brown – From NBC’s This Is Us and a series regular on acclaimed Sundance Chanel drama Hap & Leonard
- Audrey Esparza – American actress best known for her role as FBI agent Tasha Zapata, on NBC’s Blindspot.
- Chef Lorena Garcia – Venezuelan chef and restaurateur who is known for competing on the show Top Chef Masters
- Coach Don Shula – National Honorary Chair
- Scott Murray – Host of Taste of the NFL’s Party with a Purpose®
- Ben Leber – National Player Host
- Chef Andrew Zimmern – National Culinary Host
- Suzy Kolber – American football sideline reporter, co-producer, and sportscaster for ESPN
- Joe Delamielleure – Former American football offensive lineman who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2003
- John Offerdahl – Former Miami Dolphins linebacker and restaurateur
- Bob Brudzinski – Former Miami Dolphins linebacker and restaurateur who played 13 seasons in the NFL
- Troy Stradford – Former Miami Dolphins running back who won the 1987 Offensive Rookie of the Year Award for the Dolphins
- The Diplomat Restaurant Group – Chefs Michael Schulson/Taek Lee (Monkitail); Daniel Siegelman (Point Royal/Counter Point); and Rashaad Abdool (Diplomat Prime)
All participating chefs and players can be found in the following links:
ABOUT TASTE OF THE NFL
Since 1992, Taste of the NFL (a 501c3 organization) has rallied the country’s top chefs and the NFL’s greatest players to raise money in support of food banks throughout the United States. To-date, Taste of the NFL’s programs and events have raised and donated in excess of $26 million to food banks and nonprofit organizations in the 32 NFL cities, resulting in more than 220 million meals for Americans in need (many of them children and seniors), who have turned to their local food banks for assistance. The season-long efforts culminate each year with the Taste of the NFL’s Party with a Purpose®. Held on the eve of the Super Bowl. The star-studded fundraising event brings together exceptional cuisine, prominent chefs from around the country, NFL players, coaches, legends and more, all to support the fight against hunger. Learn more about Taste of the NFL at http://www.TasteoftheNFL.com.
ABOUT KICK HUNGER CHALLENGE
The Kick Hunger Challenge is an online-only fundraising campaign spearheaded by Taste of the NFL. This friendly “competition” pits fans from all 32 NFL teams against each other to raise money for food banks in NFL communities nationwide. Throughout the official NFL football season, and through Super Bowl Weekend, fans have the opportunity to support one of the 32 NFL teams and directly impact the donation of thousands of meals to food banks in their team’s community. Learn more about the Kick Hunger Challenge at http://www.kickhungerchallenge.com.
We would like to thank:Marel Hinners/Gita Shonek &/Larry Carrino of Brustman Carrino Public Relations for the invitation to The Taste Of The NFL and we look forward to this event in Tampa Bay in 2021 for SB55.