Brewers Plate 2017@Corus Quay-Thurs.,May 4th,2017
Brewers Plate 2017 is soooooo close, we can almost taste the incredible pairings! (May 4th at the Corus Building – to be exact.) Here are the 5 things you need to know…
1) LIMITED TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE:
They are $90. Use promo code BREWERS to take an additional $5 off. You can also scoop up some Entourage Tickets – a ticket package just for groups of five. Yes, this Entourage pack is the best value so you may wanna consider it. Buy Your Entourage Tickets! (Promo codes do not apply)
2) WEAR YOUR BAND TEE SHIRT: This is paramount! You gotta follow the dress code! Start searching in your closet or the nearest Value Village for the perfect band tee shirt. This band tee shirt thing adds an amazing element to the evening. Seeing vintage ones is super cool. Actual quote from last year: “Where did you get The Thomson Twins tour tee shirt?” It was so rad. See the Photo Gallery from last year to get a taste!
3) BRING CASH! THIS IS A FUNDRAISER! (Yes, there will be an ATM on site) To get a little more specific, during Brewers Plate you’ll find many ways to support War Child Canada:
Silent Auction – where we put amazing prizes and one-of-a-kind experiences up on the auction block.
Raffle – our volunteers and committee members sell arms-length or body-lengths of raffle tickets. You stuff the tickets in the prize box of your choosing. There’ll will be 20 awesome prizes to raffle.
Live Auction – We’ll have one totally unique prize to be auctioned off live from our stage. Last year we auctioned off Norm Kelly and the chance to brew a beer with him. What will it be this year? (Only one way to find out)
The Infamous Running Of The Balls – This is our chance to utilize that crazy slide in the Corus Building. Since they won’t let people go down it, we send a bunch of plastic balls down it. It’s our version of a 50/50 draw, where you buy a ball and if your ball is randomly selected – you win!
4) TRY EVERYTHING: The star of the show are the amazing collaborations. Come hungry.
Old Tomorrow Beer x Palais Royale
The Collingwood Brewery x Trattoria Nervosa/Chef Anthony Davis
Station Cold Brew x Le Dolci/Chef Lindsey Greflund x All or Nothing Brewhouse
Great Lakes Brewery x Ted Reader/Ted’s World Famous BBQ
Henderson Brewing Co. x Heirloom Toronto
Walter Craft Caesar x Hangry Catering Co.
Sawdust City Brewing Co. x Tundra Restaurant
Muskoka Brewery x Globe Bistro
Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co x Beau’s Chef
MacKinnon Brothers Brewing x Cheese Boutique
Steam Whistle Brewing x Mangia & Bevi
5) TAKE PICS: The food will be beautiful. The beer will be beautiful. The tee shirts will be beautiful. You will be beautiful. Show it all to the world. Tag your stuff with #RockThePlate and here’s where you can find us…
BREWERS PLATE FACEBOOK EVENT
6) GET HOME SAFE: Plan ahead. Brewers Plate runs 6p to 10p. Make sure you have a plan to arrive early and get home safe! Uber, taxi, bike, car. (There is a paid lot right in front of Corus Quay, but then you have to have a Designated Driver, and this is a beer event, silly.)
The TTC routes that work are 75 Sherbourne Bus, 6 Bay Bus and Union Station is walking distance.