The 30th annual RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards@The Fairmount Royal York Hotel-Wed., Nov.23rd,2022
Photography By A.J.Lam
The 30th annual RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards was held at The Fairmount Royal York Hotel on Wednesday, November 23, 2022, with the gala presentation of the seven winners of the 2022 awards.
These award winners join the five recipients of the up-and-coming entrepreneur ‘Ones to Watch’ award category, who were announced in September. This year’s recipients included socio-emotional learning, human resources, clean-tech, construction, health and beauty, AI and beyond.
This year, over 9,000 nominations were received recognizing women entrepreneurs from across the country. The 2022 award winners are:
• Ami Shah, Peekapak, Mississauga, ON, Micro-Business Award
• Andrea Gomez and Rachelle Séguin, Omy Laboratoires, Québec, QC, Start-Up Award
• Jacqui Winter, HR Project Partners Inc., St. John’s, NL, RBC Momentum Award
• Dr. Claudine Cousins, Empower Simcoe, Barrie, ON, Social Change Award: Regional Impact
• Brandy Svendson and Dr. Natalie Chan, Be the Change Group, Vancouver, BC, Social Change Award: National Impact
• Natasha Dhayagude, Chinova Bioworks Inc., Fredericton, NB, Innovation Award
• Nicole Bourque-Bouchier, Bouchier, Edmonton, AB, Excellence Award
The Gala also honoured the recipients of the Ones to Watch Award: Caitlyn Vanderhaeghe, KidStar Nutrients; Fadwa Mohanna, One37 ID; Lisa Karandat and Alexa Monahan, Good Juju Body & Home; Shannon Hunter, Wander the Resort; and Tiffany Callender, The Federation of African Canadian Economics (FACE).
The awards recognize the country’s leading female entrepreneurs who have made impressive and substantial contributions to the local, Canadian or global economy.
The announcement was made at a gala reception, hosted by Marcia MacMillan, National TV News Anchor, Host and Reporter, CTV News Channel.
Alicia Skalin, Co-CEO and Head of Events and Programming, Women of Influence Inc., congratulated the winners for their incredible achievements, and for inspiring future generations of female entrepreneurs. .
For more information on this year’s award winners, visit www.womenofinfluence.ca/rbc-cwea.
About the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards
The RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards are the pre-eminent national business awards recognizing the country’s leading female entrepreneurs. The awards are an initiative of Women of Influence, an award-winning organization dedicated to advancing women globally.
We would like to thank Alicia Skalin, Co-CEO and Head of Events and Programming, Women of Influence Inc. for the invitation to this event.