ROM After Dark: DesignTO Fri., Jan.20th,2023
An after-hours celebration of Canadian craft, design, and ingenuity.
ROM After Dark is the popular monthly adult (19+)event series that features curated music, visual arts, performances, and distinctive food and drink.
Join us on January 20 for ROM After Dark (RAD): DesignTO, where we’re celebrating DesignTO, a festival that brings people together to design a better future, one that is more sustainable, just, and joyful, and Canadian Modern, ROM’s new original exhibition spanning more than 80 years of fashion, furniture, jewellery, and electronics. Plus, there will be great food, rousing DJ sets, large-scale projections, interactive design-based activities —and a whole lot more.
Tickets on sale now.
Visitors will be asked for valid photo government ID upon arrival. Digital copies will not be permitted.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are not available at the door.
Program Partnership with DesignTO.
- JER, a one-woman cyclone of psychedelia, dub, and afrobeat bound to bring you to the dance floor
- Hangaëlle, a fiery Toronto DJ who opened for Erykah Badu and played the legendary Boiler Room series
- The Robot Orchestra by Danny Shaddick, an array of acoustic instruments—all played by machines
- Sudeep K, a true mix master who’s opened for everyone from the Chemical Brothers to MGMT
- Nat Beja Trio, a pint-sized ensemble playing golden-era jazz and Latin songs inspired by Nat Beja’s childhood in Mexico
- Beny Esguerra and New Tradition Music, fusing beatboxing, turntablism, Bronx-style 70s salsa, and more! They make socially conscious songs to bop to
- Fresh Water Pipeline, a video installation about the absurdity of a market-based solution to climate change
Also, don’t miss The DesignTO Lounge, a fun spot full of unique projections and glow in the dark furniture.
All sales are final. Order is non-refundable
Date & Time
Friday, January 20, 2023 7:30pm EST
Royal Ontario Museum
ROM membership is your best value! Join now and save on selected programs and events.
RAD is a 19+ event, visitors will be asked for valid government ID upon arrival (ID not yet expired, with photo and date of birth). Ticket is valid for single entry to ROM After Dark for the event date noted. Each ticket will be scanned and can only be used once. In the event that duplicate copies appear, the Museum reserves the right to refuse ticket entry to all ticket holders. ROM is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or unauthorized duplication of tickets. Unlawful resale of ROM tickets is prohibited. Ticket is not transferable. ROM does not guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased from any non-authorized third-party re-seller, such as brokers or individuals; therefore, we recommend that you purchase tickets directly through our website. All ticket sales are final. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. Ticket is not redeemable for cash. RAD is a cashless and paperless event. By entering ROM premises, visitors consent to have their image captured and potentially displayed for promotional and/or documentary use. All bags entering the Museum, including purses, are subject to inspection. Visitors agree to adhere to ROM policies and may be held responsible for any damage to ROM property or artifacts. Admission privileges and entry may be denied for inappropriate behaviour and actions. All programs are subject to change. By completing this transaction, you agree to these terms & conditions and to follow our Visitor Guidelines